Subject: Re: [wsrp] exportData field in ExportedPortlet Structure

Yes, but if the Producer decides not to supply exportData, the Consumer
won't be required to send it with importPortlets message. So, I don't
see making exportData optional changing any semantics.

Consider the case where the producer is able to export all portlets by
reference. Then the producer could return a message like

<exportPortletsResponse/>

But if the producer is able to export only a few portlets, it will have
to return a response like

<exportPortletsResponse>
   <exportedPortlets>
     <portletHandle>foo1</portletHandle>
     <exportData>xxxxx</portletHandle>
   </exportedPortlets>
</exportPortletsResponse>

So, the producer is forced to make up some exportData element. This
seems awkward.