Subject: Re: [wsrp] Public parameters conformance statement?

Would you find it better if the sentence read "In general, Portlets do not store these items in any portion of their state as the Consumer supplies the items on each invocation"?

I don't think conformance language is appropriate as we can think of a case where storing the last public parameters values does make sense (use as default value for any non-supplied item). On the other hand, unless we think Portlets should generally manage defaulting value in that manner, I wouldn't call it out in the spec either.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

05/31/05 10:10 AM

wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
Re: [wsrp] Public parameters conformance statement?

Just to clarify, I find the sentence "Portlets do not store these items
..." a bit unclear. Are we saying that "portlets don't generally store
these parameters ...", or are we saying that "we don't recommend that
portlets store ...".?

I suggest that we tigheten the language either with a conformance statement

"Portlets MAY NOT ..."

or a with a guideline

"We recommend that Portlet developers do not store ... for such and such
reasons."