Subject: We're Overdue at the Gate Folks: Fwd: RE: [wsrp] User ProfileItems - Draft Proposal

Title: We're Overdue at the Gate Folks: Fwd: RE: [wsrp] User Prof
Hi Folks, Hi Mary,

Sorry to be so long between postings and for neglecting to schedule last month's TC meeting. I have been busy with a family emergency, (My mother was in intensive care for two weeks) trying to keep my own head above water, and, frankly, I did not want to schedule another meeting where I might be the only attendee and therefore forced to move everyone but myself to observer status.

Unfortunately, as this forwarded thread from the WSRP TC indicates, the world is all too capable of moving right along without us, so my question, even though I know that there IS still sufficient interest to keep the TC alive, still HAS TO BE:

Do we want to keep the TC alive?

If so, then I am hoping that the new article Jay Peltz which will appear in the next month or so, will serve to energize us. I will go ahead and schedule a meeting at our normal date and time, and will post an agenda, hoping that Jay will join us and prove to be be willing to assume the position of co chair now that Ranjeeth's full-time responsibilities have prompted him to look for a replacement.

I must add this caveat though, if we do not have a quorum at this month's meeting, I will call for a vote on Kavi to put the TC into whatever state OASIS Management deems is appropriate, whether that be disbanding or attempting to resusitate by whatever means necessary.

Regardless, I can't keep this effort moving by myself.

There is, literally, a massive amount of work that this TC needs to do, the minimum of which is:

Finish revising the Primary Base Schemas--for which I will post proposed revisions along with the agenda;

Produce a survey of existing standards related to our work with which we need to be harmonized and which we need to compile in preparation for submission to the US Federal Government's Enterprise Architecture Data Reference Model--especially important for Emergency Management issues;

Produce a proposal for RDF-OWL Ontology of those standards as HumanML Standard References (something which recently occurred to me as what will, perhaps, be our defining work for the short term, given that our larger effort requires much larger support than we seem to be able to muster;

Produce revised list of proposed original initiatives,  which include the existing efforts without our currently inactive SCs, Mediation and HPCDML; and, lastly,

Produce a proposal for my personal wish-list item, HumanBehaviorML, to which I wish to move my efforts since, if I am going to pushing any work at this point, I owe it to myself to pursue the work that initially brought me into this effort.

More soon,
Rex