Subject: Re: [wsrp] Conformance language

Section 2 has a list of the words http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt defines; namely:
"The key words MUST, MUST NOT, REQUIRED, SHALL, SHALL NOT, SHOULD, SHOULD NOT, RECOMMENDED, MAY, and OPTIONAL in this document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119]."

Note that REQUIRED (same meaning as MUST) and RECOMMENDED (same meaning as SHOULD) are among them.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

06/02/05 10:27 AM

wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
[wsrp] Conformance language

At various places in WSRP1.0 (and a few times in WSRP2.0), there are
conformance-looking words like REQUIRED, RECOMMENDED etc.

For example, there is a statement in sec 8.2

"For security reasons related to exposing the existence of something the
caller is not allowed to access, it is RECOMMENDED that a AccessDenied
fault be generated ..."

To my knowledge, these are not conformance related, and I was wondering
if we should use normal casing for these words. If these are important
enough, we should probably consider using conformance words like MAY,
MUST or SHOULD.

Comments?