Subject: Re: [wsrp] Types for names

During today's Interfaces SC call, I was tasked to check if it valid to
have QNames without namespace URIs.

Per the XML Schema Spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2), the value
space of QName is the set of tuples {namespace name, local part}, where
namespace name is an anyURI and local part is an NCName.

This makes me think that namespace name is required. In the Java-land
(e.g. javax.xml.namespace.QName), it is valid for QNames to have empty
strings as namespace URIs, but namespace URIs cannot be null.

Given this, it may be awkward to make implementations use empty
namespace URIs when the use case actually requires NCNames. The best
examples are mimeHeaders and formParameters.