Subject: Leasing questions

A v1 Producer could impose arbitrary lifetime restrictions on
registrations and cloned portlets, and terminate(from the protocol
sense) those after that lifetime. V1 Consumers cannot be aware of this
lifetime.

If such a Producer offers to support parts of v2, is it valid for it to
not offer the leasing feature, but express scheduled destruction via the
Lifetime parameter?

That is, can the Producer return wsrp:leasing  as false, but still
return Lifetime within PortletContext (e.g. after a pbia) and
RegistrationContext?

My current understanding of the spec is that this is not valid, and I
see value in allowing this.