Subject: Re: [wsrp] Navigation params comments

> By the way, sections numbers are always handy ... your page 29 resolves
> to section 5.1.17 on page 30 for me.

Just waiting for OpenOffice (I use Linux) to advance enough to recognize
subsection numbers in Word documents. It conveniently omits all
subsection numbers.

> a. The TC decided that "it is always a Consumer choice to supply them
> /(navigationParameters)/ on a particular invocation". The direct fallout
> of this is that the navigationParameterDescription is not allowed to
> require supplying if a particular item. This results in a model where
> the Consumer only supplies new values when they occur and the Portlet.
> Perhaps what is missing is a more concrete description (both here and in
> 6.1.11) that navigationParameters are simply an input which the Portlet
> SHOULD then store in its navigational state.

There is a very minor issue. To capture that the consumer supplies new
values when they occur, we can add "the Portlet should use a previously
supplied or a default value". The full sentence would then read

"When a Consumer does not supply a value for a particular
navigationParameter, the Portlet should use a previously supplied or a
default value."

> b. This sentence is providing guidance about how navigationParameters
> are shared between portlets, but is explicitly noting that the guidance
> likely doesn't apply when two portlets customized from the same POP
> within the sharing scope (likely the page).

The current sentence is not easily parseable. Could you break this into
two sentences, with the second one talking about cloned portlets?

Subbu