Subject: [wsrp] Request scope support

For those not on the Interfaces SC call today, the use cases regarding Producers who have a concept of a user-request scope needing some support from Consumers was discussed. There was a building consensus toward having the Consumer supply an ID which changes only on action or event processing, though most wanted to see a proposal in the context of the spec and think through what the impacts of those changes would be on reasonable Consumer  implementations before deciding whether or not to include such support in v2. I agreed to draft such a proposal, but had a problem with the scenario of a End-User jumping to a different state of the page. This can easily happen via a bookmark, but also may happen when the browser's back button is pushed. This caused me to change the proposal to a style where the Consumer indicates to the Producer when it knows a new requestCycle is starting via a boolean rather than being more definitive by supplying an ID. I left the original attempt in (with a strike through the text) so that people can easily consider that option as well.

Rich

RequestID_proposal.doc