Subject: Re: [wsrp] NavigationParameterDescriptions and TransientPropertyDescriptions differences

navigationParamterDescriptions field says:

While Consumer policy governs what navigation parameters are supplied to each invocation of a Portlet, Consumers SHOULD supply the same value to Portlets which provide a navigationParameterDescription referencing the same QName for the parameter's name. An example of when this might not be appropriate is when the Portlets are related to the same Producer offered portlet handle. The context in which the Consumer is using Portlets related to the same Producer offered portlet handle will determine whether or not such Portlets will share the same values for their navigation parameters.

There are no equivalent statements regarding the sharing of transientProperties, in fact there are no statements at all regarding the sharing of transientProperties. Would people be in favor of adding something like:

While Consumer policy governs what transientProperties are shared between which Portlets, Consumers SHOULD supply the same value to Portlets which provide a transientPropertyDescription referencing the same QName for the property's name. An example of when this might not be appropriate is when the Portlets are related to the same Producer offered portlet handle. The context in which the Consumer is using Portlets related to the same Producer offered portletHandle will determine whether or not such Portlets will share the same values for their transientProperties.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

03/01/06 09:45 AM

OASIS WSRP TC <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
Re: [wsrp] NavigationParameterDescriptions and Transient PropertyDescriptions differences

Could you clarify what you mean by "the description for the
navigationParamterDescriptions field does contain such an allowance."

What is the proposal?

Subbu