Subject: Re: [wsrp] navigational state change

"The Consumer SHOULD supply this value as the navigationalState on the
subsequent invocations for this use of the Portlet for at least the
duration of the End-User's interactions with this aggregated page in
order to maintain End-User state. The Consumer is not required to
persist the navigationalState for longer than this set of interactions,
but can provide such a persistence if desired."

On your question on direct vs indirect, I don't understand why a portlet
can't encode new navState in a URL during a getMarkup?

Subbu