Subject: Re: [wsrp] Groups - AJAX Use Cases (ajax_use_cases.ppt) uploaded

We definitely need to discuss how at least some portion of the AJAX use cases can be addressed with v1 & v2. My comment is that intermixing that discussion with the initial pass to elucidate the use cases distracts from extracting the underlying issues, particularly those that cut across all use cases.

As for UC6, there are a variety of use cases that would want to participate in the three phase lifecycle ... this use case appears to intermix the portlet presenting its dialog in a manner that leverages the ability to present its markup in a popup. My comment is that the popup issues detract from the AJAX-specific issues that we should focus on in this discussion. However, the fact that some developers want to do AJAX and popups would be good to note.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

05/02/06 12:08 AM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc
wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [wsrp] Groups - AJAX Use Cases (ajax_use_cases.ppt) uploaded

 From earlier discussions on this topic, I heard some in the TC asking
to see what works with 1.0 and 2.0 and what does not. So, my intent is
to see how far one can go.

I may not be getting your comment on wanting to see the base level
issues. Could you clarify? The core issue is letting a portlet
participate in the three-phase cycle.

UC6 is not about a traditional popup. It uses a modal dialog style that
some apps are trying to implement to simulate dialogs within a browser's
markup without opening new windows.

Subbu