Subject: Re: [wsrp] [AJAX] Redirect behavior - clarification

The context is a redirect response to an XMLHttpRequest for the
consumer-aided AJAX case. In this case, the redirect is handled at the
XMLHttpRequest level, and the consumer script that made the request
would receive the response from the redirect target.

In non-redirect cases, the consumer can create the response payload for
XHR requests, and it knows what to expect from the response. In the
redirect case, the consumer can assume that the response solely belongs
to the portlet's callback. The more I think about this, this seems
reasonable. I'm just remarking that the consumer implementations will
have to handle this case.

Subbu