Subject: Re: [wsrp] schemaLocation in 5.1.11 & 5.1.12

Yes, ServiceDescription.schemaTypes and ModelDescription.modelTypes are both of type ModelType.

The reason that we had originally not placed the modelTypes field directly within PropertyDescription was a hope that types would be reused while seeking to just transmit the type information once. I don't think that matters for the URI of a schemaLocation field and there certainly is value to placing it next to the type declaration. The question is how far to push this model now that ExtensionDescription and EventDescription have the same issues. I don't think they can cleanly reuse the ModelDescription type, but perhaps a wrapper type like it would be appropriate.

Rich

Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>

05/23/06 04:46 PM

Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc
wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject
Re: [wsrp] schemaLocation in 5.1.11 & 5.1.12

I agree. It seems somewhat inconsistent to specify schemaTypes outside
respective Description types. For instance, event's type can be
referenced via EventDescription.schemaLocation, or the
ServiceDescription.schemaTypes. This makes consumers look into two
different places to decipher types.

We could consolidate these two into ModelDescription, and make
ModelDescription contain schemaLocation and schemaTypes.

BTW, isn't schemaTypes the same as ModelDescription.modelTypes? With the
consoliation, schemaTypes would go away completely.

Subbu