Subject: Re: [wsrp] Wildcards and QNames

instead of adding an extra structure with the specified semantics we could
choose to have another wildcard notation like a "." as the last char.
This would introduce some hierarchical format/structure of event local
names in a dot-notation like "level1.level2.level3"
So a local name of "level1.level2." would mean wildcard to all "level3"
event local names.
This reduces the felxibility of event local names, but I would expect
everyone to introduce such a scheme anyway.
This scheme is pretty known to java/.NET programmers and is also quite
common in other areas like cookie domain rules, domain names etc. (The we
know the wildcarding in the reverse order: ".domain.com" matches all host
in the "domain.com" domain.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Technical Lead
WSRP Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             Subbu Allamaraju
             <subbu@bea.com>
             05/19/06 09:42 PM         wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org

                                       Re: [wsrp] Wildcards and QNames

I prefer to leave the local name as is, and introduce a boolean as you
were suggesting at the start of this thread. Picking up a char from
NCName seems like a hack.

Subbu

Rich Thompson wrote:

> [...]
>
> Subject
>            Re: [wsrp] Wildcards and QNames
>

> To be clear, does this boolean exist only on handledEvents, or both
> publshedEvents and handledEvents?
>
> Subbu
>
> Rich Thompson wrote:
>  >
>  > It would just be moving the semantics we currently have regarding
>  > wildcarding for event names to this new structure. Namely; if
>  > wildcarding is in use, it requires only that a QName match on the URI
>  > part and start with the local part. When wildcarding is not use, an
>  > exact match on both parts is required.
>  >
>  > Rich
>  >
>  >
>  > *Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>*
>  >
>  > 05/08/06 01:00 PM
>  >
>  >
>  >                  Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
>  > cc
>  >                  wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
>  > Subject
>  >                  Re: [wsrp] Wildcards and QNames
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Could you elaborate on the boolean part?
>  >
>  > Subbu
>  >
>  > Rich Thompson wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  > Richard had raised a question about whether the wildcard scheme for
>  >  > publishedEvents and handledEvents results in a valid QName; in
>  >  > particular, can the localPart of the name contain a '*'. In digging
>  >  > through the relevant RFC, it is clear that the localPart can not
> contain
>  >  > a '*'.
>  >  >
>  >  > Unless someone has a better idea, I will introduce a type to carry
the
>  >  > QName and a boolean flag with the semantics that defines the QName
>  >  > match any other QName with the same URI part and starting with the
>  >  > supplied local part.
>  >  >
>  >  > Rich
>  >  >
>  >  > generates this mail. You may a link to this group and all your TCs
in
>  >  > OASIS at:
>  >  >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
>  > generates this mail. You may a link to this group and all your TCs in

OASIS
> at:

> generates this mail. You may a link to this group and all your TCs in
> OASIS at:

by email and then delete it.