Subject: Re: [wsrp] NavState vs. Interaction State or what is the purpose ofinteraction state?

and another interpretation/addtion:
navState is used for rendering purposes and therefor is also idempotent.
InteractionState can be a "non idempotent part" of state being input to
pbia(), typically encoded in POST actions for example.
But you are right from a plain URL perspective one could encode all in one
state information field.
The processing I see for pbia() is the function f: interactionState x
navState -> navState' (I exclude the sessionState here).

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept.8288, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Technical Lead
WSRP Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             Michael Freedman
             <michael.freedman
             @oracle.com>                                               To
                                       Subbu Allamaraju <subbu@bea.com>
             05/30/06 10:38 PM                                          cc
                                       wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wsrp] NavState vs. Interaction
                                       State or what is the purpose of