Subject: Re: [wsrp] UserCategories in producer level operations

My understanding is that per definition user categories are producer wide
definitions. Portlets can support a subset of them.
Therefor I think it should be fine to send the appropriate ones from the
set the Producer described.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept. 2289, WebSphere Portal Server Development
WSRP Technical Lead
WSRP Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
Email: mailto:richard.jacob@de.ibm.com

             Michael Freedman
             <michael.freedman
             @oracle.com>                                               To
                                       wsrp <wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org>,
             16.11.2006 19:08          wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

                                       [wsrp] UserCategories in producer
                                       level operations

In WSRP 2.0 we added passing a UserContext to most operations.  This
means there are many operations receiving a userContext which aren't in
a portlet context (i.e. they are producer level operations).  In this
situation did we ever talk about what userCategories should be
applied/sent?  I.e. All userCategories are currently described at the
producer level but the use references are at the porlet (description)
level.  For producer level operations do we expect the consumer to
assume an implicit defintion that the producer understands all
userCategories it has described and send any of the appropriate ones?
Or do we expect that userCategories has no meaning and hence it should
send nothing?  Or do we not think this is an area of interoperability
concern and hence don't define any expected behavior?