Subject: Re: [wsrp] resource cachability - templates

You bring up a very good point.

Per the current proposal, during producer URL writing, the producer can
only encode state specific to the portlet. The default behavior would be
similar to that of "full", i.e. the producer will replace tokens like
portletHandle, sessionID etc.

If the portlet (e.g. in a JSR286 scenario) wants to use something other
than full, the only choice that the producer has is not replace those
tokens. The producer can not differentiate between "portlet" and "page",
and this gap needs to be filled in the proposal.

Subbu

Richard Jacob wrote:
> Aren't we asymetric with the current resource cachability proposal?
> It seems that resource URL in templates would need to be always encoded in
> the "page" mode.
> To be consequent wouldn't we need a way to have all 3 flavours also be
> handled as templates?
> Either by having 3 templates structures or by merging the 3 flavour in one
> template.
>
> Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,
>
>         Richard Jacob
> IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
> Dept. 2289, WebSphere Portal Server Development 1
> WSRP Team Lead
> WSRP Architecture & Standardization
> Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888
>
> IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Johann Weihen
> Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 243294

by email and then delete it.