Subject: Re: [wsrp] Secure URL handling JSR & WSRP

but I think we need to agree that this needs to be better alligned with the
JSR.
Currently a WSRP-JSR bridge has no way to cleanly bridge between those two
since the isSecure() flag semantics differ.
This leads to various awkward situations.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / best regards,

        Richard Jacob
IBM Lab Boeblingen, Germany
Dept. 2289, WebSphere Portal Server Development 1
WSRP Team Lead
WSRP Architecture & Standardization
Phone: ++49 7031 16-3469  -  Fax: ++49 7031 16-4888

IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Johann Weihen
Geschäftsführung: Herbert Kircher
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen

             Rich Thompson
             <richt2@us.ibm.co
                                       wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org,
             04/23/07 04:38 PM         wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

                                       Re: [wsrp] Secure URL handling JSR
                                       & WSRP

We had this discussion in the v1 timeframe. We ended up with a simple
bi-state (as represented by the wsrp-secureURL flag):
 true: The portlet requires secure communication.
 false (or missing): The portlet does not require secure communication
though the portal/Consumer may still use it if other portlets or the page
require secure communications.

I'm not seeing the use case for a portlet saying it prefers non-secure
communication ...

Rich

 Stefan Hepper
 <sthepper@hursley.ibm.com>

 04/20/2007 04:37 AM                            wsrp@lists.oasis-open.org
                                                                        cc
                                                wsrp-interop@lists.oasis-o
                                                pen.org
                                                                   Subject
                                                Re: [wsrp] Secure URL
                                                handling JSR & WSRP

Hi Richard,
I would prefer the semantic that you've defined below with the tri-state
and will also bring this up in the JSR 286 EG to clearify this.

Stefan