Subject: TC Call 1/28/10

Attendees:
  • Nader
  • Rich
  • Kevin
  • Dina

  1. Events
    1. Nader: Says can change so payload name need not match event-name
      1. Needs to fetch the definition to determine how to de-serialize
      2. OK with it as long as its not part of the standard
    2. Discussion of attributes such as "class" which should be ignored by non-aware implementations
      1. Nader - Should not have implementation specific details
        1. Should use a complex-type
      2. Nate & Kevin - Its our schema we can define whatever we want.
        1. Complex-types change the type so its not appropriate
        2. We will accept events without the attribute set
      3. Nate: We should clarify which elements and attributes are our extensions
    3. Nate: When the event type is in the xsd namespace: then the value of the payload is the root element's content. All attributes and other elements should be considered meta-data and MAY be ignored.
    4. Nader: Adding an attribute makes it no-longer a string, despite its declaration
      1. Will investigate
  2. InitCookie:
    1. Two current implementations:
      1. Consumer creates new a session on login
      2. Consumer uses the same session after logging in
    2. Nader & Nate: The initCookie call is tied to the consumer's session and the consumer is responsible for determining when do this.
    3. Nate: Create an errata stating:
      • The producer SHOULD NOT require a new session for new users, but the consumer MAY choose to do so. The producer MAY invalidate and throw an appropriate fault at is choosing.