wss-m-comment message

Subject: Fault Ambiguity

While testing in the WSTF group, we have observed an ambiguous specification for some faults. For a message that contains no security attempting to connect to a secured service, what is the appropriate fault?

The two faults we have observed from different runtimes are wsse:FailedCheck and wsse:InvalidSecurity. The WS-S specification provides little detail on the fault definitions.

wsse:InvalidSecurity - An error was discovered processing the <wsse:Security> header.
wsse:FailedCheck - The signature or decryption was invalid

Tom Link

IBM WebSphere Web Services Interoperability
Building 503 Room E204
4205 South Miami Blvd,  Durham,  NC, 27703
Office:   919-543-4370
Mobile: 919-244-3982

tomlink@us.ibm.com    AIM: tomlinkusa YM: tomlinkusa GM: tomlinkusa MSN: tomlink@csi.com