wss-m message

Subject: Re: [wss-m] RE: Ballot update

> I think we can make some reasonable arguments in support of an exception

It will be interesting to see what the TC members think about a
proposal to store WSS-M TC's documents in the earlier TC's
OASIS Library repository.  The message below indicates that
TCs are not allowed to put documents in the directory tree of
another TC.  I do think that's been the operational rule, and I
don't know of exceptions.  Stated more broadly:

allowable for one TC have been off limits to members of other
TCs.  Members from FOO TC can upload or publish to their own
designated mailing list, Kavi document repository, Wiki, SVN,
OASIS Library directory, JIRA project, etc but not to those
publication areas designated for the BAR TC.

However, I do not recall hearing any discussion about expectations
and operational rules for maintenance TCs, which are rather new.

The question may be, in broad and general terms:

"Shall members of an OASIS maintenance TC [viz., chartered
to do maintenance activity], be allowed [or required?] to publish
their [interim draft and] final deliverables in the OASIS Library
[and other publication venues] in the publication areas designated
for work approved by different TCs (i.e., TCs other than the new
maintenance TC) in cases where their maintenance activity
relates to deliverables originally produced by other TCs?"

If anyone on the WSS-M TC knows of related situations, or about
explicit rules I may have overlooked, or failed to comprehend,
please let me know.

Thanks!

- Robin

Robin Cover
Interim TC Administrator
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html