wss-m message

Subject: Re: [wss-m] Milestone CSD02 documents published

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 10:09 AM, David Turner
<David.Turner@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Thank you Robin.
>
> I didn't realize I could create the request for public review before the publication of the CSDs. But now that I look at the form, I see I could have put "TBD" as a place holder for the CSD URI. Nevertheless, I am working on it right now.

David, I understand the possible confusion (on two points) and you
are certainly not the first Chair to get tripped up here.  There are
two separate submission request forms for processing CSD and
PR (CSPRD), as I attempted to clarify in a note to Chairs,
but it merits further clarification. See below - [1].

The mention of a "CSD URI:" ("...or enter "TBD" if the URI has not
yet been assigned.") appears in the Public Review request
form (B) but not in the CSD upload request form (A)

A: Committee Specification Draft Creation / Upload Request
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/committee-specification-draft-creation-upload-request

B: 30-Day Committee Specification Draft Public Review Request
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/30-day-committee-specification-draft-public-review-request

For your earlier JIRA requests in TCADMIN-499 through
TCADMIN-505, you used the correct forms for
"CSD Creation / Upload Request".

For public review -- a separate kind of Work Product Ballot under
TC Process rules (see Definition) -- the Public Review Request form
is needed.  Because TCs often ballot for CSD and CSPRD in the
same meeting, they overlook the need for separate request forms.

I'd recommend speaking with Chet Ensign about any details in this
case.

- Robin

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/chairs/201103/msg00002.html

- Are separate submission request forms needed for CD and PR?

Yes. TCs sometimes combine into a single meeting (or motion)
the approval of a WD at CSD/CND level and approval to advance
the CD to Public Review status.  The TC Process allows direct
progression of a CSD or CND to CSPRD/CNPRD without an
intervening WD, but the CD - PR requests to TC Admin should be
made separately, using two different online forms, available
from the document titled "TC Administration Requests"

TC Administration Requests
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests
See in that document the section: "Public Review Requests"

Different forms are used for different kinds of reviews. If
a TC desires a review period longer than the required
minimum number of days: use the form most similar to the
intent and present the special request in the Note field.