wss-m message

Subject: RE: Public review complete!

My apologies. I just remembered that the TC needs to vote to submit the specs for CS ballot before TC Admin can start the ballot. That will be the first order of business next week.

From: David Turner
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:06 AM
To: wss-m@lists. oasis-open. org (wss-m@lists.oasis-open.org)
Subject: Public review complete!

The public review ended on Sunday. Since there were no comments, I will ask the TC Admin to begin the ballot for CS approval.

There is a list of items we need to provide when requesting a public review for an OASIS Standard (see below). We’ll review the list on our next call.

David

From the sec 3.4 of the TC Process [1]

(a) Links to the Candidate OASIS Standard in the TC's document repository, and any appropriate supplemental documentation, all of which must be written using the OASIS templates in effect at the time of the Committee Specification approval vote. The specification must not have been changed between its approval as a Committee Specification and its submission to OASIS for consideration as an OASIS Standard, except for the changes allowed in Section 2.18(6).

(b) The editable version of all files that are part of the Candidate OASIS Standard;

(c) Certification by the TC that all schema and XML instances included in the specification, whether by inclusion or reference, including fragments of such, are well formed, and that all expressions are valid;

(d) A clear English-language summary of the specification;

(e) A statement regarding the relationship of this specification to similar work of other OASIS TCs or other standards developing organizations;

(f) The Statements of Use presented above;

(g) The beginning and ending dates of the public review(s), a pointer to the announcement of the public review(s), and a pointer to an account of each of the comments/issues raised during the public review period(s), along with its resolution;

(h) An account of and results of the voting to approve the specification as a Candidate OASIS Standard, including the date of the ballot and a pointer to the ballot;

(i) An account of or pointer to votes and comments received in any earlier attempts to standardize substantially the same specification, together with the originating TC’s response to each comment;

(j) A pointer to the publicly visible comments archive for the originating TC; and

(k) The length of the Candidate OASIS Standard public review, if greater than the required 60 days.

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard