wss-m message

Subject: Determining whether or not we need a call tomorrow.

Now that WS 1.1.1 has been published as a Committee Specification [1]  the TC needs to vote on moving it to Candidate OASIS Standard. Per section 3.4.1 of the TC Process [2] this requires a Special Majority Vote [2], which must be done as an electronic ballot.

I just sent an email to Chet asking if the TC needs to vote on starting the ballot. It seems redundant to me (i.e., unnecessary) but I want to be sure. We will only have a call tomorrow if we DO need to “vote for a vote”. But for now, please assume that the call WILL happen so we can reach quorum. The only agenda item will be the vote.

Stay tuned.

David

[1] https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/wss-m/email/archives/201111/msg00028.html

[2] https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard