wss-m message

Subject: RE: [wss-m] Status of the TC - is it time to close?

+1 let’s close

From: wss-m@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:wss-m@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Carlo Milono
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 2:16 PM
To: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Cc: wss-m@lists.oasis-open.org

I think we are finished; any ISO/IEC needs should have surfaced by now.

Sent from my mobile

On Nov 3, 2015, at 1:19 PM, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> wrote:

Members of the OASIS Web Services Security Maintenance (WSS-M) TC,

As you all know, the TC has been without a Chair since David Turner left the TC. In addition, it doesn't appear that the TC has been active WSS-M V1.1.1 was approved as an OASIS Standard in 2012.

Under our OASIS rules, if a TC is without a Chair for 120 days, I am required to close it. (See https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#chairs.)

There is certainly nothing wrong with declaring victory and wrapping things up. All the TC's work and historical record will continue to be available on the OASIS platform and your work has met with success.

Do the members still on the list wish to elect a new Chair and continue working or shall I proceed with closing the TC?

If no one wishes to discuss this further or I have no objections within the next week, I will take that as an affirmative answer to my question and close the TC.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to talk about this further.

Best regards,

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-996-2298