wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Agenda for Sept 4th/5th meeting

Title: RE: [wss] Agenda for Sept 4th/5th meeting

Krishna - In light of Chris's warning.  Perhaps, we should restrict our discussion to whether or not the topic is in-scope.  If it is determined to be in-scope, then we can talk about solutions during and after the face-to-face.  All the best.  Tim.

Tim Moses
Tel: 613.270.3183

-----Original Message-----
From: Krishna Sankar [mailto:ksankar@cisco.com]
Sent: Monday, September 02, 2002 12:39 AM
To: wss@lists.oasis-open.org

Tim,

        Good thoughts.

        By quality do you envision different trust levels - possibly
increasing security strengths ? For example weather service could be
level 1 while a super secret military could be 10. Basically some
increasing (or decreasing) security quality levels and the corresponding
functionalities - shared understanding by all. If the levels do not have
any numerical relationships/connotations (like the Richter scale - easy
to think being in SFO :o()), would it be similar to the classification
by the military ?

        Second, how would they manifest in the WSDL ? As sub elements to
a <Security-QOS> element with an associated namespace and schema ?

        Third, why WS-Security ? Do you see the <Security-QOS> as a part
of the WS-Security namespace ?

        Fourth, how would one measure the Sec-QoS with intermediaries ?
The least of all or some other Sec-QoS algebra ?

PS : Just saw reply from Ed and Novell's Extension Attributes.
Interesting ... BTW, it is already version 0.998 - not that far away
from 1.0 unless we go to 6 or 7 digits of precision :o)

cheers