wss message

Subject: [wss] Web Services Security Issues List

Title: Message
The attached issues list records the procedural work items and open technical issues that were identified during our discussions on Sept 4 and in subsequent discussions on email.  Note that the issues list does not contain charter questions – those questions should be sent directly to the Chair.

If there are issues we discussed that need to be tracked but were omitted please let me know.  To cut down on traffic you can send issues to me and I will add them to list and send out periodic updates.

Thanks,
-John Shewchuk

-------

WSS ID
Type
Status
Issue
Resolution
Owner(s)
1
Technical
Open
Can we have alternative mechanisms of signature and encryption other than XML DSIG and XML Encryption?

2
Procedural
Open
Clarify the IP status and licensing terms for the submissions to the working group

3
Technical
Open
Proposal to Label Tokens to Indicate Their Semantics

Hal Lockhart
4
Technical
Proposed resolution
Why is the token in the header, and not a child of KeyInfo?
Per mail from pbaker@verisign.com

5
Technical
Proposed resolution
Within the KeyInfo, why not use a ds:RetrievalMethod?
Per mail from pbaker@verisign.com

6
Investigation
Open
Will the authors of the roadmap submit it?

Chair
7
Technical
Proposed resolution
Does WS-Security assume SOAP 1.1?
Per Sept 4 minutes – it will support all versions of SOAP

8
Investigation
Open
Determine interest in a Use case document

Tim Moses
9
Investigation
Open
Approach authors to submit the App Note to the TC

Chair
10
Investigation
Open
Investigate interop fest at some later time

Chair
11
Investigation
Open
Pick date for OASIS submission date after initial drafts available

Chair
12
Procedural
Open
Remove all references to ws-routing and such

Editors

Notes

Status values: Open, Proposed Resolution (ready for review), or Resolved.

Type values: Technical, Procedural, or Investigation