wss message

Subject: [wss] Web Services Security Issues List - Rev 2

Thanks for the feedback.

Here is the revised issues list based on the feedback to date.

Also, I received mail indicating that some mail systems did not handle
the HTML formatting properly so I switched to text mail with an HTML
attachment.  Please let me know if there are problems reading this mail
or the attachment.

Thanks again,
-John Shewchuk

Title: WSS Issues
WSS ID Type Status Issue Resolution Owner(s)
1 Technical  Open Can we have alternative mechanisms of signature and encryption other than XML DSIG and XML Encryption?   Zahid Ahmed
2 Procedural Open Clarify the IP status and licensing terms for the submissions to the working group
3 Technical  Open Proposal to Label Tokens to Indicate Their Semantics   Hal Lockhart
4 Technical  Proposed resolution Why is the token in the header, and not a child of KeyInfo? Per mail from pbaker@verisign.com
5 Technical  Proposed resolution Within the KeyInfo, why not use a ds:RetrievalMethod? Per mail from pbaker@verisign.com
6 Investigation Open Will the authors of the roadmap submit it?   Chair
7 Technical  Proposed resolution Does WS-Security assume SOAP 1.1? Per Sept 4 minutes – it will support all versions of SOAP
8 Investigation Open Determine interest in a Use case document Formed a sub-committee, led by Erik Herring Erik Herring
9 Investigation Open Approach authors to submit the App Note to the TC   Chair
10 Investigation Open Investigate interop fest at some later time   Chair
11 Investigation Open Pick date for OASIS submission date after initial drafts available   Chair
12 Procedural Open Remove all references to ws-routing and such   Editors