wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] automated online polling/voting tool

fyi: within UDDI.org, we successfully used the relatively simple and
flexible polling features available within the YahooGroups list that we
used. joel

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Hodges [mailto:Jeff.Hodges@sun.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 9:51 AM
To: OASIS wsstc
Subject: [wss] automated online polling/voting tool

We found in the SSTC that using an automated online polling/voting tool was
immensely useful for coordinating events. It freed up concall time and
increased efficiency.

The tool we used was http://www.evite.com/.

Here's one of our polls...

  http://www.evite.com/schedule/view?event=DCGPLFBMPPRVQVEVNBRM

The nominal methodology we used to, eg, schedule a face-to-face was..

1. issue an evite poll on which dates to have the f2f. eg include several
combinations of weeks & days in the poll.

2. issue an evite poll for who will attend the f2f

An added bennefit was that it kept voting-message-storms off of the sstc
list.

We also used evite to pick the name for what we were working on. I.e. we
decided on "SAML" from the various alternatives via evite.

There may be alternatives to evite. A quick google search turns up this
one..

  http://www.meetingwizard.org/meetings/evite.cfm

..and it may well be a reasonable alternative.

In any case, I can attest having personally coordinated a few F2Fs that it
is
~very much~ a win to use a tool such as evite.

Also, AFAIK, no one complained about any marked increase in spam as a result
of
using this service.

hope this helps,

JeffH