wss message

Subject: [wss] Issues/Questions

Regarding issues on WS_Security Core, Draft 3, 3-Nov-02:

Is it really appropriate to endorse a claim via encryption? Perhaps line 209 in 3.1
should be changed to read: "that is digitally signed by the authority."

Editorial comment - the word "unendorse" can be misinterpreted as some sort of revocation.
I'd argue, remove it from line 208 ("A claim can be endorsed by a trusted authority.") and
then begin line 213 with "A claim may be trusted without explicit endorsement if there is ..."

Editorial - line 362 in 4.2, spell out "Post-Schema Validation InfoSet". I guess this last paragraph
says that for non-schema aware processors, support for wsu:Id is optional but recommended? Wouldn't it be
better to require support regardless of implementation?

< Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Technology Architect
Nokia Mobile Phones