wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] [wsse] Comments and Issues

Corrected Lines 180 to 184 per your definition
Corrected Line 294
Lines 534 & 535: I don't believe so, we need to discuss
Lines 575 to 588: I believe that these are still needed
Corrected Section 6.3.2
Section 7.1 & 7.2 Not sure that they should, may want to leave for binding
documents
Corrected Section 7.4: Pointer to binding documents

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           "Flinn, Don"     |
|         |           <Don.Flinn@quadra|
|         |           sis.com>         |
|         |           11/11/2002 05:51 |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       wss@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                     |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  [wss] [wsse] Comments and Issues                                                                                             |
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  |                                                                                                                                              |
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have the following comments, issues and questions on WS_Security Core,
Draft 3.

Lines 180 to 184: It is not clear to me whether this definition is meant to
describe a case of delegation where the client and sender are two different
entities or whether the sender is the channel acting on behalf or a client.
From the definition on lines 217 to 223 it appears that delegation is not
intended.  Either way I believe this paragraph should be clarified.

Line 294: Should read Lines (005) to (009) ..

Line 461: I believe that this line should read - "This required element
specifies the username of the authenticated party or the party to be
authenticated"  NOT "of the authenticating party."  A clarifying question -
am I correct in believing that this specification does not intend to
prohibit the receiving party from using the username and password to
authenticate the client?

Lines 534 & 535: I believe that these lines should read " ... binary or XML
tokens ..", not just "binary tokens"

Lines 575 to 588: Are these lines needed since we RECOMMEND that Exclusive
Canonicalization be used?

Section 6.3.2:  We say in the WSS-SAML specification to use the assertion
id to reference SAML tokens, not to use the wsu:Id and license id for XrML?
This section should state this and shouldn't unequivocally use "SHOULD" for
the wsu:id attribute.

Section 7.1 & 7.2: These sections also don't mention assertion id's for
SAML and license id's for XrML.

Section 7.4:  This section only discusses BinarySecurityTokens.  SAML also
has a KeyInfo token.

Don