wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Binding Specification Templates

I think this illustrates a generic problem with the way the use of security tokens is described.  Section 3.1 says that security tokens assert claims, but in the various profiles there aren't explicitly pulled out statements of the claims.

Consider the simplest case which is section 6.1 where the UserNameToken element is described. The closest it comes to a claim is line 423.
The <wsse:UsernameToken> element is introduced as a way of proving a username and optional password information.

This doesn't parse as a claim to me.

I think there are two claims here. One is that the request is from a principal identified by the username, and the other is that the principal knows the password. This shows a missing gap because there is no way to distinguish an ultimate client from an agent or intermediary.