wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] issue 61 - text correction

Change made, I have also tweaked it a little.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           Frederick.Hirsch@|
|         |           nokia.com        |
|         |           12/20/2002 02:06 |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                                                |
  |       To:       wss@lists.oasis-open.org                                                                                                       |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                      |
  |       Subject:  [wss] issue 61 - text correction                                                                                               |
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I have a proposed change in wording to address issue 61, now lines
[813]-[820] in merged draft 8,
12 Dec 2002. I appreciate Ron's help in improving my understanding.

"An XML signature may also be used to prove that the claims in a token
apply to the
signer. Proving possession of a key associated with a token key claim
supports applying the other token claims
with the signer. The relying party acceptance of the claims may depend on
confidence in the token integrity,
such as validation of an authority signature on the token. Multiple tokens
may have a key claim for a signature and may be referenced from the
signature using a SecurityTokenReference. A key claim can be an X.509
Certificate token, or a Kerberos service ticket token to give two
examples."

This can still use improvement, but should replace the current text which
is misleading.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia Mobile Phones