wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Minutes 1/14/03 Telecom

I think a couple of issues that I raised came across slightly differently in the minutes.

PHB1: I actually referred to the PKIX group rather than to PKI. This is a pretty important difference for us. Also I brought up the issue of DNS vs hosts.txt, while everyone understood that a comprehensive naming scheme was necessary for the Internet to function DNS development was separated from the TCP/IP specification, the hosts.txt file providing sufficient functionality for early adopters.

PHB2: Actually the point I raised here was that it was not clear to me what the motion directed take place in the case that a new WG was formed. I did not say I was unclear as to whether a new group would be formed.