wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Use Cases for the Interop Demo

1) Have we made a final decision about whether OASIS WSS TC
   will produce any Web Service/SOAP Message-level security
   interoperability use cases?

2) A similar thread is currently begun on the WS-I Security
   WG currently and I'm not sure whether the WSS TC will take
   the lead or WS-I will take the lead and agreeing on a
   Basic Profile for SOAP Message Security Interoperability.

3) Lastly, what is our understanding of leveraging QoP spec
   for interoperability demo? It would be useful to agree
   on the mimimum interoperability requirments that are
   characterized in terms of standardized parameters.

thanks,
Zahid

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Nadalin [mailto:drsecure@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 8:17 PM
To: wss@lists.oasis-open.org

hmmm, never zeroed in on the Why's in regards to "Evangelism and Exposure
to potential users", I'm most concerned about secure interoperability of
web services (yea, that can mean a lot of things to different folks). But I
do believe that they are all linked Who, What, When, Where and Why, so from
that point I disagree that they are interdependent.
Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122

|         |           "Flinn, Don"     |
|         |           <Don.Flinn@quadra|
|         |           sis.com>         |
|         |           01/12/2003 02:25 |

-------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       wss@lists.oasis-open.org
|
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  RE: [wss] Use Cases for the Interop Demo

-------------------------------------------------------------------|

Anthony & Krishna

I believe that we need to get answers to the traditional - Who, What, When,
Where and Why.  These are all more or less interdependent.  The Where
question that you and Krishna are discussing depends upon the Why as well
as, to a lesser extent, the others.  For example, I believe that one of the
important Why's is to flesh out problems with the specification as it
presently stands.  I don't believe that we, the TC, have agreed on the list
of Why's and their priority.  Therefore, discussion of the Where should be
subsequent to or concurrent with the Why.  You and Krishna have zeroed in
on the Why's of Interoperability, Evangelism and Exposure to potential
users.  These are all good goals but are these the Prime goals of the
"Fest"?  (Maybe using the term Interoperability as the title of the event
is misleading or pejorative, or maybe not.)

Don