wss message

Subject: [wss] BEA Position on TC for Policy Meeting

BEA is unable to participate in the meeting tomorrow, February 21, at
Sun Microsystems on Policy related to Web Services Security, due to our
strong interest in Royalty Free specifications.

BEA is eager to engage in discussions on this subject with all interested
parties. We strongly believe that all the technologies standardized for
Web Services should be available for use royalty free.

It is our opinion that meeting without a legal agreement by all participants
that commits them to royalty free contributions creates an intolerable
risk that future specifications might be contaminated by technology
which is not royalty free. We suggest that for future meetings all
participants sign an agreement that any contributions, whether in written or
oral form, are available for use royalty free. We would be willing to
participate in drafting a model agreement of this type.