wss message

Subject: No Subject

Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
This introduces the following problem, membership requires us to
participate in X% of all ballots so people who not vote ....

I suggest we have a two stage vote process, each company gets one vote in
the final ballot stage, the first stage is to determine which way a
company votes based on its inputs.

Companies which vote different ways may have an image problem....
-----Original Message-----
From: Kelvin Lawrence [mailto:klawrenc@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 1:29 PM
To: wss@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Interop Ballot - update please read

One of our members just pointed out to me that I probably should have
asked that folks from the same company coordinate and have only one of
them vote on the interop time frame preference . The Kavi system as far as
I can tell is not setup to allow for "one vote per company" votes - and
this makes sense given the OASIS process where all TC members get a vote.
However, it would be great if folks from the same company could agree
amongst themselves what their preference is and elect one person to vote
on their behalf.

I hope you are all able to access the ballot!!

Cheers
Kelvin

--=_alternative 0062A80886256CF5_=

will see from my mail below I totally agree with you about the voting process
and acknowledged that that is the OASIS process in my mail. If you go look
at the ballot form you will see that every voting member indeed does has
the option to vote. My mail should be read as a suggestion only that folks
coordinate amongst their colleagues. I probably should have worded my mail
better and just suggest individuals try to coordinate with their colleagues
before they vote - this achieves the same end result. As we agreed on our
TC call yesterday we are just trying to use the tool here to have a straw
poll and close a discussion that we started on our last meeting of who
would be interested in taking part in an interoperability event - and specifically
when. Every single voting member is free to vote in this straw poll and
that is all it is just a straw poll not a formal vote in any way shape
or form - and definitely not a thing that will affect membership status.
We just want to figure out what date to pick for our next F2F meeting such
that we can do an interop event and have as many companies as we can taking
part to exercise the spec as much as possible</font>
in the future :-)</font>
Kelvin<br>
&lt;pbaker@verisign.com&gt;</font>
wss@lists.oasis-open.org</font>
- update please read</font></table>
poll and not a formal vote. However, it is my opinion that even in straw
polls, the spirit of OASIS process should be adhered to.<br>
Membership in OASIS TCs is determined by &quot;Eligible Persons&quot; as
defined in the OASIS TC Process:</font>
that includes persons holding individual memberships in the corporation,
employees of organizational members of the corporation, members of organizations
to which OASIS has extended the benefits of joint membership, and such
other persons as may be designated by the board of directors.&quot;</font>
do not vote in TCs. Proxies shall not be allowed in TC voting.</font>
(read companies), formal votes and straw polls are not the mechanism by
which to do so. I would suggest that if companies wish to make their opinions
known, they caucus internally, and report back an opinion through one or
more of their TC members.<br>
Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:</font>
problem, membership requires us to participate in X% of all ballots so
people who not vote ....</font>
vote process, each company gets one vote in the final ballot stage, the
first stage is to determine which way a company votes based on its inputs.</font>
ways may have an image problem....</font>
Subject:</b> Interop Ballot - update please read<br>
One of our members just pointed out to me that I probably should have asked
that folks from the same company coordinate and have only one of them vote
on the interop time frame preference . The Kavi system as far as I can
tell is not setup to allow for &quot;one vote per company&quot; votes -
and this makes sense given the OASIS process where all TC members get a
vote. However, it would be great if folks from the same company could agree
amongst themselves what their preference is and elect one person to vote
Cheers<br>
Kelvin</font>
--=_alternative 0062A80886256CF5_=--