wss message

Subject: F2F/Interop ballot another update

Another quick update for you all on getting the ballot created...

After spending a lot more time playing with the ballot tool, it seems that the best we can do is actually to set up a series of ballots of the form ...

   1) Can you attend an Interop event on June 2-3? Yes No Abstain

   2) Can you attend a F2F meeting on June 4-5? Yes No

   3) Can you attend an Interop event on June 9-10? Yes No Abstain

   4) Can you attend a F2F meeting on June 11-12? Yes No

   5) etc etc etc etc...

The tool does not seem to allow us to have a single ballot with grouped choices as we would have preferred. I will try and get all of the ballots setup today. You will see a number of machine generated ballot notices as I do this. After the ballot closes, Chris and I will have the job of figuring out the most popular week based on the responses - we will also contact the OASIS office to see if the ballot tool can be enhanced in any way to make future votes of this form easier to manage.

I will try and include some text in each ballot to this effect but as a reminder, the goal for any given week that we pick, will be to start the meeting after lunch on the Monday of that week and to end around lunch time on the Thursday of that week with a day and a half of testing being followed by a day and a half of F2F TC meeting. The F2F portion will count as a formal meeting of the TC with all of the usual benefits/implications.

As a side note, this vote like the prior one should be viewed as a "straw-poll" that we are using to help pick a date for a meeting and not something that will adversely affect membership if for some reason folks are unable to vote.

Cheers
Kelvin