wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Proposed interop logistics

I suspect that 3-4 taps per company is a bit high, I expect we'll have wireless support as well.  We can divvy up static addresses.  I would propose we not use DNS.  Let's synch clocks manually.  Password list is good, if folks want to code this as reverse of password that should be fine as well (let's stick with that pattern).

Certs to follow shortly.

Chris

From: Hal Lockhart [mailto:hlockhar@bea.com]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 2:43 PM
To: Chris Kaler; WSS

My list of things we need:

Ethernet ports how many? (3-4) per company? is that too many - I assume RJ45, not wireless

Static IP addresses - might be easier to give each company 10 or so

DNS ? are we going to omit the use of DNS?

We need the two X.509 certificates

What about clock synchronization? - set them manually?

Proposed list of usernames and passwords:

Chris - sirhC

Kelvin - nivleK

Phill - llihP

Tony - ynoT

Ron - noR

John - nhoJ

Hal - laH

Jerry - yrreJ

Steve - evetS

Eric - cirE

I think it would be a better use of time to pair off and test in pairs, assuming most people have clients and servers. We can informally switch off as people are ready. We can still use the matrix to track our progress as you suggest.

The experience at the SAML interop suggests that implementations may stop working as a result of other fixes. I suggest, time permitting, that once we believe everybody interops with everybody else, we do a code freeze and a final run thru the matrix. That way everybody can take home code that is known to work.

Hal