OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wss message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Updated Minutes from 7/1/03 telecom meeting

I have added the attendance list received from Steve Anderson to the end of
the minutes and included Irving Reid.  Those were the only corrections that
I have received.



Summary of Minutes

Roll call – Quorum Achieved

Previous Minutes - Approved

Review of Outstanding Action Items
	Open Action Items (See list of Action Items below) - # 5, 6, 7

Update of Documents
	Core – Items from F2F very close to being done.
		Need to include new closed issues.
	X.509 – Need to add posted updates
	Kerberos – Needs a lot of work, to be done after X.509 finished
	SAML – Need to publish version 8 (internal version number).

Second Interop
	Hal posted description and needs comments.  Write-up in process.
		Need to close comments quickly and then set the date.

Issue List # 19 Reviewed (See Issues list below for details)
	Remaining Open Issues - # 67 (low priority), 82, 90, 111.
	Pending Issues - # 31, 62, 74, 84, 99, 104, 105, 109.
	Postponed - #100
	New Issues to be opened for #78, 101, 106.

Steps to get to a vote on Version 1.0
	Updated Specs to be out Monday, 7/7/03.
	Goal for Kiva vote 7/15/03; will run for a few days
	Version 1.0 will target the Core and the Username and X.509 Profiles.
	Vote on each Profile as they are ready.
	Profile documents to have Version 1.0 label for their initial release.
	  They must reference the core version that they are based on.

Raw Notes
Action Items –
1.	Editors to add common interop pitfalls to spec - Done
2.	Editors to update table in core spec that indicates when to use wsu:id vs
id defined by other schemas - Pretty sure its done
3.	Editors to look into SHOULD vs. MUST for order of encrypted elements -
4.	Editors to update spec to require Zulu time - Done
5.	Hal will update interop spreadsheet based on emails sent.  Hal will have
updated interop spreadsheet out today.
6.	Chris to post MS contact name for further interop testing - Done.  Need
the names for the next interop.  Send the names directly to Chris off the
official mailing list.
7.	Chris and Kelvin to compile lists of contributors; Discussion  –
Consensus was to include all authors of contributing documents & Voting
Member & Editors
8.	Editors to change the text on reporting faults; may already be noted -
Turned into issue
9.	Merlin to post Signature transform text - Done

Update of documents
·	Core catch-up after F2F, very close.  Need to include new closed issues
·	Phillip - X.509 posted updates Need addition work on subscription.  Key Id
is ok. Kerberos need a lot of work.  Will do X.509 first then Kerberos
·	Ron – SAML – Has a new version 8, which he needs to publish.

Second Interop
·	Hal has posted description.  Build up off a variant of interop #3 from the
last F2F.  Wants comments on description.   Is writing up interop document.
Get comments to Hal ASAP.  Close down scenarios quickly and then set the

Issues list 19
#30 Closed
#31 Oasis Namespace – Pending on OASIS
#62 Text added, although it appears to have been dropped – Discussion on
this issue – It appears that the X.509 profile has nothing.  Pending.  Ron
Please send changes to list so profile editors can update the profiles.
#67 In progress, low priority
#69 Closed
#70 Added to core – Text accepted - Closed
#72 All F2F changes added to core – Discussion – Closed; if any issues open
new issues
#74 Update username token profile - Still Pending
#76 through 80. Phil says 76 done, 77 done, 78 not done, 79 done, 80 done.
Close 76 through 80 and open a new issue for 78
#82 Open
#84 Hal has issued proposals – Tony has some concerns and needs more time to
look over the proposals – Pending - Hal and Tony give some text. Still rough
#90 There are three sub-actions. 1 & 3 are done.  Need to come back to this
issue. Open
#94 Closed
#95 New text in core that clarifies it. Closed
#96 Editorial issues done - Closed.
#97 Closed
#98 Hal made proposed wording – In the Core - Closed
#99 Hal made proposed wording - In the Core; Needs to be updated in the
profiles.  Refer to lines 712 – 716 in the core – Pending
#100 – Changed to postponed and remove resolution.  Wait for WS-Addressing
to become available.
#101 Closed. Make a new issue on Tomas’ issues.
#102 Closed
#103 Closed
#104 Pending – Implementers should look at the decryption transform; Merlin
posted mail on this.
#105 Merlin & Hal to get text to editors – Pending
#106 Close & Create a new issue Merlin to provide text for namespace
#107 Dup Closed
#108 Closed
#109 Tony questioning what needs to be changed beyond UTC time. HAL express
that both UTC and Zulu time should be mentioned – Pending
#110 Added to core; around line 1328 – Closed
#111 Started; Kelvin & Chris to compile list.

Summarize Open and pending issues at top of minutes.

Agenda #7 How soon can we get to vote on a committee spec.
Get updated specs out by Monday 7/7/03. Aim for vote on 15th.  Issue that
issue #67 will not be in V1.0.  Target the Core and the Username and X.509
profiles for V1.0
Kiva vote to start on the 15th and run for a few days.
Profile documents to have Version 1.0 label for their initial release. Must
reference the core version that they are based on.  Take a vote on each
profile as they become ready.


Attendance of Voting Members

  Gene Thurston AmberPoint
  Frank Siebenlist Argonne National Lab
  Merlin Hughes Baltimore Technologies
  Irving Reid Baltimore Technologies
  Peter Dapkus BEA
  Hal Lockhart BEA
  Symon Chang CommerceOne
  Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard
  Guillermo Lao ContentGuard
  Shawn Sharp Cyclone Commerce
  Ganesh Vaideeswaran Documentum
  Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu
  Jason Rouault HP
  Yutaka Kudo Hitachi
  Maryann Hondo IBM
  Kelvin Lawrence IBM
  Anthony Nadalin IBM
  Nataraj Nagaratnam IBM
  Don Flinn Individual
  Bob Morgan Individual
  Paul Cotton Microsoft
  Chris Kaler Microsoft
  Chris Kurt Microsoft
  Prateek Mishra Netegrity
  Frederick Hirsch Nokia
  Senthil Sengodan Nokia
  Lloyd Burch Novell
  Ed Reed Novell
  Vipin Samar Oracle
  Jerry Schwarz Oracle
  Andrew Nash RSA Security
  Rob Philpott RSA Security
  Martijn de Boer SAP
  Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond
  Jonathan Tourzan Sony
  Yassir Elley Sun Microsystems
  Jeff Hodges Sun Microsystems
  Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems
  Don Adams TIBCO
  John Weiland US Navy
  Phillip Hallam-Baker VeriSign

Attendance of Observers or Prospective Members

  Howard Melman Novell

Donald Flinn
Managing Partner
Flint Security
Phone: 781/856-7230
e-mail: flinn@alum.mit.edu

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]