wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Proposed text on C14N

I don't know that much about xml and maybe I'm being naive, but why should
we require canonicalization that adds any xmlns attributes to the XML being
signed?   If for application purposes the xml being signed needs to be self
contained then it should be the applications responsibility to ensure that
happens and for SecurityTokens or other parts of the WS-Security header
that are being signed we can could require that as well.