wss message

Subject: Committee Spec Voting Results

Here are the results for the three committee spec ballots. As you will recall for a committee spec vote to pass (become approved) at least 2/3 of the voting members must vote "yes"and no more than 1/4 must vote "no".  The number of voting members eligible to vote in this ballot was 57.

Thanks to everyone who voted in this important ballot. We will discuss next steps on our WSS TC call tomorrow.

I am copying Karl Best from the OASIS staff on this e-mail. Karl please treat this as our formal notification of these results.

Also, Paul Cotton, in you role as WSI BSP WG Chair, please treat this e-mail as formal notification of these results.

The votes cast were as follows:

Web Services Security : SOAP Message Security [1] ,[2], [3], [4]
YES - 44
NO - 0
ABSTAIN - 0
RESULT: Spec is approved as a committee spec

Web Service Security : Username Token Profile [5]
YES - 42
NO - 0
ABSTAIN - 1
RESULT: Spec is approved as a committee spec

Web Services Security : X.509 Username Profile [6], [7]
YES - 43
NO - 0
ABSTAIN - 0
RESULT: Spec is approved as a committee spec

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3281/WSS-SOAPMessageSecurity-17-082703-merged.pdf
[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/200308/msg00064.html

[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3280/secext.xsd

[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3279/utility.xsd