OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

wss message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes for Telecon, Tuesday 23 September 2003

Minutes for WSSTC Telecon, Tuesday 23 September 2003
Dial in info: 1-484-630-7099  Passcode: 56282
Minutes taken by Steve Anderson


    - Minutes from 9 September 2003 meeting accepted (unanimous)
  New (General) Action Items:
    - Kelvin to update links on TC home page

  Issues List Action Items & Status Updates:
    - none
                             Raw Notes

> Agenda:
> 1. Roll call

- Attendance attached to bottom of these minutes
- Quorum achieved

> 2. Review minutes from previous meeting (09/09/2003)
>    < http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/wss/
>      200309/msg00043.html >

- [VOTE] unanimous consent, accepted

> 3.  Public Review status and current comments

- Kelvin: started on 19 Sept, and will end on 19 Oct
- had one posting to list, and a couple that went to Chris directly
- Chris: his point was that where we point to the schema in the doc,
  we should state that it can be downloaded from there as well
    - will add an issue for this
- Hal: another dealt with keyInfo with the SAML assertion
    - Tony: it's out of scope since we're not reviewing the SAML profile
    - Hal: good point
    - intends to answer the submitter's question anyway
    - Kelvin: need to publicly point out that SAML profile is out of 
      scope for this review
    - Hal: notes that comments list can be used for any reason, not just
      public review
    - Ron: wants to make sure the submitter has seen the most recent
      SAML draft
    - don't want to say we don't care about comments that aren't related
      to public review
    - will post a response pointing submitter to the latest draft
- Kelvin: W3C XML Protocol group will be reviewing the doc
- Hal: WS-I BSP will also be reviewing it too
    - Paul: didn't think it necessary to notify this TC
- Hal: can Kelvin update the home page?
    - dead links, and wrong links
    - [ACTION] Kelvin to update links on TC home page

> 4. Discussion of second interop status

- Chris: started yesterday
- has seen some mail going back and forth
- there have been some notable successes
- some people have found implementation problems, and fixed them
- don't know of any spec problems
- will be running all week
- Kelvin: will you be capturing all issues encountered?
- Chris: definitely
- have 13 companies participating in some form
- Symon: wondering if the interop can be extended a little longer, so
  CommerceOne can participate
- Chris: will be up to each participating company
- Microsoft plans to leave their end point up for some time
- will send out mail asking other participants how long their's will be
- Hal: would like to get discovered errata incorporated
- still an open issue concerning schema for WSDL
- see Tony's message from Monday, 1:54 am (TZ?)
- if what Tony provided works, will incorporate it, but just needs
  someone to make that determination
- Chris: had pointed out 2 problems in a prior email msg, and Tony seems
  to have addressed at least one of them
- Hal: don't have to solve it on this call

> 5. Issues list review

- Kelvin: don't have an updated list
- Chris: just scanned previous list, and doesn't see any value in going
  through that today
- Hal: plans to initiate discussion on SAML profile interop

> 6. Other business

- Ron: issue about namespaces
    - Kelvin: got mail from Karl, with proposal on namespace changes
    - 2 changes
        - one is the namespace change, whatever it is
        - other is OASIS document naming convention, which shouldn't be
          too bad
    - can't find email right now
    - will post to list when he finds it
    - the negative was that the namespace is a special one for us, since
      full OASIS plan isn't finished
    - Ron: other TCs have solved this for themselves, without involving
    - Jeff: another TC just mapped into an HTTP URL
    - so if we invent our own namespace that ties to an OASIS URL, that
      would suffice
    - agrees with Ron, that we don't necessarily need Karl's blessing
- Phill: would like some assistance with Kerberos profile from folks
  who have experience working with or implementing Kerberos
    - haven't gotten any comments on this profile
    - Paul: this would be useful, since WS-I BSP WG's charter included
      Kerberos profile
    - Phill: would like to get better info on how people plan to use it
    - Hal: agrees, we need use cases
- Tony: Hal, has everyone converted over to the new WSDL?
    - Hal: we were just talking about that, and not clear if yours was
    - Tony: has one last tweak, and incorporates Chris' schema issue

> 7. Adjourn

- Adjourned


Attendance of Voting Members:

  Frank Siebenlist Argonne National Lab
  Hal Lockhart BEA
  Symon Chang CommerceOne
  Thomas DeMartini ContentGuard
  Guillermo Lao ContentGuard
  Rich Salz Data Power
  Sam Wei Documentum
  Toshihiro Nishimura Fujitsu
  Yutaka Kudo Hitachi
  Maryann Hondo IBM
  Kelvin Lawrence IBM
  Anthony Nadalin IBM
  Nataraj Nagaratnam IBM
  Paul Cotton Microsoft
  Chris Kaler Microsoft
  John Shewchuk Microsoft
  Senthil Sengodan Nokia
  Howard Melman Novell
  Ed Reed Novell
  Charles Knouse Oblix
  Steve Anderson OpenNetwork
  Vipin Samar Oracle
  Eric Gravengaard Reactivity
  Andrew Nash RSA Security
  Rob Philpott RSA Security
  Pete Wenzel SeeBeyond
  Yassir Elley Sun Microsystems
  Jeff Hodges Sun Microsystems
  Ronald Monzillo Sun Microsystems
  Don Adams TIBCO
  John Weiland US Navy
  Phillip Hallam-Baker VeriSign
Attendance of Observers or Prospective Members:

  Ellen McDermott Microsoft
  Ron Williams IBM

Membership Status Changes:

  Abbie Barbir Nortel - Granted voting status after 9/9/2003 call
  Ellen McDermott Microsoft - Granted voting status after 9/23/2003 call


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]