wss message

Subject: Post public review period status summary from the WSS TC

WSS TC Public Review Period Summary
November 11th, 2003

On October 19th the WSS TC finished the 30 day public review period for a set of documents (below)

Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security [1]
Web Services Security: Username Token Profile [2]
Web Services Security: X.509 Token Profile [3]
Schema files [4] and [5]

We are grateful to all those that submitted feedback/comments. In particular we appreciate the time taken by the WS-I BSP WG members and the W3C XMLP WG members who each provided detailed feedback.

The WSS TC took all of the feedback received on the comments mailing list [6] and turned each individual item into a discrete issue in our issues list [7]

Over the course of the last several meetings the WSS TC has discussed all of the feedback. The minutes from these discussions are available at [8]

The resolution/disposition for each issue can be found in the minutes, but for convenience we have enhanced the text in our issues list to accurately reflect the source and disposition of each issue. We plan to further enhance the status in our issues list over the next few days and re-publish it. In some cases the discussion of a specific issue is not yet closed but we wanted to provide a status report to let folks who submitted feedback see the way that the WSS TC has handled that feedback.

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3281/WSS-SOAPMessageSecurity-17-082703-merged.pdf
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3154/WSS-Username-04-081103-merged.pdf
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3214/WSS-X509%20draft%2010.pdf
[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/3280/secext.xsd