wss message

Subject: Summary of proposed TC schedule/milestones to complete our initialdocuments

At the TC call today we discussed our time-line moving forward to finish off the work on our first three V1.0 documents. I agreed to send this e-mail summarizing that proposed schedule.

The editors are working to finish up the edits to the documents. We hope to have finished docs in about 10 days from now (i.e. before the Dec 16th call)

Dec 16th 2003. At the TC meeting, review edits and close any outstanding issues.

Dec 17th 2003 - Jan 12th 2004 TC members read over docs and use e-mail to post any issues/concerns.

Jan 13th 2004. At the TC meeting several votes will be held. Vote to re-approve updated specs as committee drafts and if successful vote to submit the three documents to OASIS for review. Note (as you will recall from our vote earlier in the year) the Committee Draft vote requires a large turnout (at least 2/3 voting yes no more than 1/4 voting no) of the TC in order to pass so we'll need everyone on the call if possible.

Jan 14th (if approved by TC) - begin the work to prepare the submission to OASIS for the final review phase. We may start collecting this sooner. We will then submit the documents to OASIS as soon as possible on or after Jan 14th.

Note that there are several steps we have to complete as part of the final submission including statements about successful implementation etc.

For those interested, the final review process is described in the OASIS Process Document at [1]

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standard

Cheers
Kelvin