wss message

Subject: Re: [wss] Re: [wsi_secprofile] Format of wsse:Embedded

At 08:56 PM 12/6/2003, Anthony Nadalin wrote:

> It would be helpful if we knew whether this ambiguity was intentional or
whether the WSS TC intends to constrain in some way the format of the
wsse:Embedded element.

Any token format is valid and I don't think that there is any ambiguity
its just an in-lined token

But this doesn't really answer the question which I repeat here for convenience.

It is unclear what is expected to be contained in this element. In the case
of an X.509 certificate, it could be the base64 encoded certificate as child
text, or it could be a wsse:BinarySecurityToken containing the certificate.

The only definition of "token" we have is

Security Token – A security token represents a collection (one or more) of claims.

Taken literally this would suggest that the first option "child text" is allowed, but I don't think this was intended.

Anthony Nadalin | work 512.436.9568 | cell 512.289.4122