wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] Issue 196 QNames: Proposal to use URIs for Typeidentifiers

It's worth pointing out that our TC is going against a fairly well
established precedent of using URIs instead of QNames.  XML Signauture,
XML Encryption, SAML, and XACML all use URIs in the places this spec
uses QNames.   For example, XML Signature uses URIs for identifying all
the signature, digest, c14n, and transform algorithms.

It seems like a mistake to abandon the established precedent in favor of
something that has the problems David, Rich and others have identified.
Maybe we should bring ourselves into line with other standards, esp
given the close relationship between those standards and this one.

-Pete