wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] OASIS submission ballot invalid? Re: [wss] WSS TC ballots - second reminder

At 07:13 AM 1/23/2004, Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com wrote:
>It isn't clear to me that the changes were substantive.
>
>Jerry, Ron, if you feel the changes were substantive can you please
>summarize what was substantive?
>Fact, not opinion, is needed.
>
>Otherwise I don't believe we have a procedural issue here.

I stated it in my vote and my original email.

The change from QName to URI for attributes.

I admit I don't know exactly what is meant by "substantive" in this
context, but it seems that a change in the type of an attribute constitutes
such a change.  It certainly means that an implementation of the previous
draft doesn't interoperate with an implementation of this draft.

I know we decided we don't need another interop, but that is a different
decision than whether we need another public review.