wss message

Subject: RE: [wss] WSS TC ballots - second reminder

> Procedure question - Does another review cycle imply/mandate another
> interop event?

No - OASIS process says nothing about interop events, etc.  Interops are
simply a mechanism that some TC's choose to use to prove their specs are
useful in a heterogeneous environment.

The description of the public review within the TC process is at:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#standard

The process does state that if "substantive" changes are made to the spec
after the start of a public review (i.e. for WSS it was 19-Sep-19-Oct of
2003), the TC "should" conduct another public review.

Of course, "substantive" is a subjective term.  In the SSTC, we considered
it to mean anything that affected normative sections of the spec. But that
doesn't mean that WSS has to use the same definition. And then the "should"
could also be considered an out as well.  Perhaps the "will" of the TC
should be checked on this one.

Rob Philpott
RSA Security Inc.
The Most Trusted Name in e-Security