wss message

Subject: Fw: Press Release to Announce WSS as OASIS Standard

The OASIS media relations folks asked us to post this to the list.

Cheers
Kelvin

--QUOTE DEADLINE: Thursday 15 April--

OASIS Members:

The Consortium is in the process of drafting a press release to announce the
approval of the Web Services Security v1.0 (WS-Security 2004) Committee
Draft as an OASIS Standard. We have targeted Monday, 19 April, for
distribution.

While OASIS deeply appreciates the contributions of all members to our
technical work, we have a policy to list only Sponsor member companies in
announcements directed to the press. The higher Sponsor member dues
underwrite the cost of promotional activities such as press releases.

The WSS press release, therefore, will include the following statement:

***
Members of the OASIS WSS Technical Committee include representatives from
AmberPoint, BEA Systems, Betrusted, Commerce One, Computer Associates,
Documentum, Entrust, Fujitsu, HP, Hitachi, IBM, Microsoft, Netegrity,
Novell, Oblix, OpenNetwork, Oracle, Reactivity, RSA Security, SAP, Sarvega,
SeeBeyond Technology, Sun Microsystems, Verisign, and others.
***

If you represent a Sponsor member of OASIS, and you would like to send a
quote on behalf of your organization in support of the WSS OASIS Standard,
please email that to me, including a name and title at your company to whom
the quote can be attributed.

If you represent an organization listed above, and you do *not* want to be
included in the press release, please notify me.

If your organization is not a Sponsor member of OASIS, and you would like to
submit a quote for this press release, please contact Scott McGrath
(scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org) immediately for information on upgrading your
membership to take advantage of this promotional benefit.

For details on WSS see:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wss

**Our absolute deadline for accepting Sponsor quotes for the press release
is COB Thursday, 15 April**

Carol Geyer
Director of Communications
OASIS